Sunday 22 November 2009

Being Children

It was Open Day yesterday. I got paid to trail possible-2010-Freshers around campus I showed Business possibles the IT centre, Teaching possibles the primary school-style classrooms and Musical Theatre possibles the Assembly Hall where we rehearse.

And I loved it.

Especially hanging out with the possible MTers. Rosie and Shvonne planted themselves in Daisy's room (Daisy is our brilliant 3rd year hall rep and has to open her room to visitors on Open Days as part of her job) so we had a great time name-dropping, telling tales of agony in dance classes and hyperactive accounts of our free time spent together.

If I remember correctly, we specifically recounted the second night we were here when we all played Twister at 2am on the grass outside our halls.

It was fun and I got paid for it. AND I got a free lunch courtesy of the uni. As well as an ice cream Tom gave me when I had a quick pit-stop at his kitchen window for a chat.

Good times.

Been looking up vintage thrift stores in London. Awesome stuff. Looking forward to having a look round if/when I ever finally get up there!

Last night was pretty good. I don't think I've eaten that much junk food since well...forever. Turkey dinosaurs, chicken nuggets, potato smileys, a big bowl of ketchup to dip into, alphabet soup, Nesquik banana milkshake and to finish off: mini strawberry and mandarin cheesecakes.

I like remembering what it felt like to be six.

Rock on,

KATY xxxx

PS.The sun is coming out from behind the rain and the grey clouds. This makes me happy!

LISTENING TO:
Here Comes The Sun - The Beatles

No comments:

Post a Comment