Thursday 19 November 2009

Of Turkey Dinosaurs and Ice Cream...

Woke up early(ish). Started on essay. Got stuck on essay. Again.

Gave up (again) on essay at 600 words about 10.30am and started surfing the net...

So. Random fact about me. I'm a big Sarra Manning fan. She's the British author of GUITAR GIRL, LETS GET LOST, PRETTY THINGS and new novel UNSTICKY. She writes a blog the link to which you'll find in the website list to the right. Her books are brilliant. Read them.

Anyway, when I started reading her blog I listened to some of her recommended music and loved it. Hello Saferide, The Priscillas and Belle and Sebastian are high on that list. So I went back to her blog today to find some more (recommendations).

Which in a very, long, complicated and rambling way leads me to: SPOTIFY.

Possibly the best invention ever after hash brown sandwiches, Google and peanut butter. Not necessarily in that order.

I finally managed to get it. Took me a long time. But I did it. And I got a few bands and singers to listen to as recommended by Sarra M: The Boy Least Likely To, Pixies Three, Lucky Soul and Shangri Las.

Old-school 60s girl bands are amazing.

And I did (eventually and after two coffees and a lunch break where I discovered that the leftover rice from our Saturday curry had turned blue in its tupperware) finish the essay in time for my lecture.

While we waited for it to start, Rosie and I sat at the piano in our lecture room (yes. There is a piano in our lecture room. Love it) and learnt how to play an A, an A minor, a C, a D and an F chord. We were quite impressed with ourselves.

On a side note, I wore my pencil skirt today. I've only worn it twice, so I felt guilty and thought I should. And it was pretty strange remembering what it felt like to wear something that wasn't trackies or jeans...

Oh and I just got back from a Tesco's trip with Rosie, Andy, Tom and Shivers. It's always exciting when we go to Tesco's. We never know what we'll come home with. This time it was orange juice, turkey dinosaurs, Ben and Jerry's strawberry cheesecake ice cream and a box set of five romantic comedies for £10. Good ones too. NOTTING HILL, BRIDGET JONES, SLEEPLESS IN SEATTLE, MY BEST FRIEND'S WEDDING and THE BREAK-UP.

So I'm happy.

Rock on,

KATY xxxx

LISTENING TO:
Rooftops - Lostprophets

No comments:

Post a Comment