Monday 7 December 2009

Christmas Songs and Fairy Lights

I am currently sitting in the dim light of fairy lights, listening to The Chipmunks (yes, those little animated chipmunks off Alvin and the Chipmunks) singing FROSTY THE SNOWMAN, eating a mince pie and drinking Nesquik banana milkshake.

OK. So the banana milkshake has nothing to with it.

My point is: I feel Christmassy.

I went into town this afternoon and bought two sets of fairy lights in Wilkinsons. One set is strung in my window so I can see them from my desk AND the world can see them too; the other set is above my bed, circling my safari animal calendar.

I used a lot of blu-tack.

I wanted to get a mini Christmas tree too, but they were all out of the small ones I wanted...

(Song change: I WANT A HIPPOPOTAMUS FOR CHRISTMAS by Lenny the Lion. Don't ask)


We came third in the Pub Quiz this week. Harlie's team won, which was cool because it wasn't the Third Years AGAIN (they've won three times in a row), but not cool because it wasn't us.

And I answered a question all by myself and got it RIGHT (I am way to proud of that...) - PATO! Be proud of me! The answer was HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER!!!

But the decision has been made. The Paxmans WILL be coming first in the Christmas Special Pub Quiz next week! (The Paxmans is our team by the way. We change the name each week but it nearly always has something to do with Jeremy Paxman. I'm not really sure why. But it's stuck.)

(Song change: NEVER DO A TANGO WITH AN ESKIMO sung by Alma Cogan)

So tomorrow is Tuesday. Which means LONDON. Yahoo! I am SO looking forward to it! Sandra's taking me to Carnaby Street to check out the vintage (VINTAGE!) stuff, and then if we draw a blank there we'll hit Topshop.

And then in the evening: musical time!!! (Which I still know nothing about! My most recent guesses are SOUND OF MUSIC or OLIVER!...)

So I'm off to get some beauty sleep before tomorrow!

Rock on,

KATY xxxx

LISTENING TO:
The Wonderful Christmas Pig - Rolf Harris

No comments:

Post a Comment