Wednesday 16 December 2009

Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow!

So it's been three days since my last post, and I though I should probably update.

I've been very busy the past few days with revising for my Intro to MT exam (which is tomorrow). My problem is the questions are very generic and could be interpreted and explained in a million different ways...but oh well. I'll get there.

Monday was Christmas pub quiz night. We came third. Again.

Sigh.

It was good fun though. We all got a 50p mince pie each and answered questions like who sang whatever line from Do They Know It's Christmas? in all three versions of Band Aid.

Yesterday was spent revising, except in the evening when I felt a bit funny. So I didn't go to the Christmas party at the SU but instead watched Oklahoma! (ohmygod HUGH JACKMAN), The Nightmare Before Christmas and part of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, before going to bed and having an early night.

And today was VOCAL ASSESSMENT DAY.

My group was at 2pm and I was going to sing MY BROTHER LIVED IN SAN FRANCISCO (from Elegies for Angels, Punks and Raging Queens) and WHAT MORE DO I NEED (from Marry Me A Little)...but I changed my mind.

At 11.30am this morning.

I didn't know the words to WHAT MORE DO I NEED, and I didn't like how I was doing it AT ALL, so I swapped to WISHING YOU WERE SOMEHOW HERE AGAIN (from Phantom of the Opera). I'm actually very happy with how it came out.

Danny and Ben and Sam and Dom and Harlie were all AMAZING and lucky me got to be last one to sing...Just build up the pressure why don't you!

And then when we came out...IT WAS SNOWING. Cue girly shrieks with Dom and Anna and Kirsty!!! It was quite pathetic snow. That sleet-y, rain-y snow that isn't really snow but actually is. But still...

SNOW!!!

It made me very happy.

Kinda makes up for the freezing temperatures and losing one glove so my hands were numb from the cold...

And now I'm gonna go do some more revision before dinner.

Ho ho ho!

Rock on,

KATY xxxx

LISTENING TO:
Winter Melody - Donna Summer

No comments:

Post a Comment